Artichoke hearts and asparagus in a seasoning sauce of spices, pistachios, and lemon.
- 8 medium fresh artichokes
- 20 fresh, tender, green asparagus spears
- 8 clams, optional
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 glass water
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 60 g fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and white pepper
- cherry tomatoes and snipped chives, for garnish
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- To prepare the artichokes: in a large pan bring plenty of water to a boil with a little salt and some lemon juice. Remove all the outer leaves and inside filaments of the artichokes, leaving just the hearts. Cook until tender and let them cool in the water in the pan to avoid darkening of the flesh. To prepare the artichoke leaves, boil them in water and a little salt but avoid overcooking. Remove from the water and refresh under the cold tap.
- If using clams, cover with water and cook over a low heat until they open
- To cook the asparagus, wash them well, then boil in plenty of lightly salted water until tender but still firm--al dente. Remove from the water and refresh immediately under the cold tap.
- To prepare the sauce use an electric blender or food processor. First add the egg white, garlic, chives, pistachios, lemon juice, bread crumbs, half a glass of water, and a little salt and pepper. Blend for a while then, with the machine still running, add the olive oil little by little as if making mayonnaise. This sauce should have a medium consistency.
- To serve, drain the artichoke hearts, slice and place on plates. Add an opened clam to each plate. Drape the asparagus over decoratively, and cover with the sauce. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and a few chives.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra