Forget bacon and eggs for breakfast when you can have a meal of candied bacon instead – quick, easy, and tasty.
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 450 g sliced and chilled smoked bacon
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and salt and place in a pile on another baking sheet.
- Separate the bacon into single slices and, one by one, lay the bacon in the sugar mixture and press to crust it on both sides, patting so the sugar adheres. You should have a fairly thick layer of brown sugar on both sides of the bacon.
- Spread in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining sugar over the bacon.
- Bake until the sugar melts, bubbles, and turns a deep brick red colour, 18 to 20 minutes; the bacon will start to curl. If using thick-sliced bacon, after 18 minutes increase the oven temperature to 200°C and bake until crispy and deep brick red in colour, another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil.
- Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra