- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 eggs , one for dough
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 225 g maroilles cheese
- ¾ cup creme fraiche
- 2 pinches salt
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk.
- Make a well in the flour and pour the milk and yeast mixture, one egg, and melted butter. Mix and knead slightly until an elastic dough forms.
- Add 2 pinches of salt to the dough and knead for a further 3 minutes.
- Form a ball and cover the dough. Allow to rise for one hour at room temperature. (Keep away from any draft)
- Preheat oven to 210°C
- Roll out the dough and place on a pie dish.
- Prick the dough, cover and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the two remaining eggs and the creme fraiche. Add salt and pepper.
- Spread ¾ of this mixture over the dough, add slices of maroilles, and pour over the last quarter of the egg and creme fraiche mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra