High in protein, peanut butter hummus is great for dipping veggies. This recipe is great for picky eaters who don’t eat a lot of meats. Peanut butter hummus isn’t just for kids, we know of quite a few adults who love peanut butter hummus as well.
- 440 g can chickpeas
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend to a dip consistency. If it is too thick, add more warm water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve peanut butter hummus immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh celery, carrots, and broccoli. Warm pita or french bread cubes also do well.