After roasting the chickpeas, they take on the flavour and texture of nuts, making them a fun snack with drinks. A simple appetizer made in under 15 minutes.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 x 440g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ tablespoon cumin seed
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Pour olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven until oil is hot, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, cayenne pepper, and cumin seed.
- Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Place chickpea mixture on hot baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake until chickpeas are crisp, 10 - 12 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm.