Tzatziki is probably one of Greece’s most famous dips. Tzatziki or tzadziki is a Greek and Turkish meze or appetiser, also used as a sauce for souvlaki and gyros. Cool and creamy this tangy cucumber dip flavoured with garlic is the perfect compliment to grilled meat and vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, strained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using a whisk, blend the yoghurt with the sour cream. Add the olive oil mixture to the yoghurt mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving.
Rate this Recipe