Classic shrimp fried rice with fresh shrimp, rice, spring onions, peas, carrots, and oyster sauce. The secret is to use day old cooked rice.
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice , preferably cooked the day before
- 5 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave the tails on
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ¼ cup carrot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced spring onions
- sliced lime
- sliced cucumber
- Add vegetable oil to a pan on medium heat.
- When hot, add the chopped garlic and stir until it has aromatic smell.
- Add carrot and onion, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add egg, stir fry for 30 seconds to cook the yolk.
- Add shrimp, cook until they turn pink.
- Add oyster sauce and soy sauce, stir through the mixture well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, sliced spring onion then stir fried for 30 seconds.
- Remove to serving plates, sprinkle with slice spring onion.
- Serve with cucumber and lime slices.