An old-fashion style of spicy sauce to accompany deep-fried fish, omelettes, soups, vegetables or plain rice.
- 2 tablespoons shrimp paste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 fresh red chillies
- 2 whole coriander plants, finely chopped (keep some leaves separate, for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons boiled water
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Wrap shrimp paste in aluminium foil. Dry fry on each side for several minutes. Remove and discard foil.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound shrimp paste with garlic, 4 chillies, coriander roots and stems, and the dried ground shrimp. Add the final chilli. Pound lightly so it is slightly bruised but not mushy.
- Place in a serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice juice, sugar and boiling water. Taste to see of extra sugar or lemon juice is needed. Serve garnished with the reserved chopped coriander leaves.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra