Sriracha - Thai Hot Chilli Sauce
Sriracha (Thai: ศรีราชา ) is a type of Thai hot sauce named after the coastal city of Si Racha, in the Chonburi Province of central Thailand, where it was first produced for dishes served at local seafood restaurants. It is a paste of chilli peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. Sriracha is a common condiment in many Asian restaurants.
Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 250 g chillies, chopped roughly, seeds left in
- 120 g sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Place all ingredients into a pan and heat until simmering
- Simmer until the chilli is cooked and has a glassy look, the liquid will have thickened to a honey like consistency.
- While hot blend in a blender
- Keep in sterilised jars. This will keep in the fridge for a month.
Rate this Recipe