Servings: 4 servings
- 450 g cod fillets
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 long red chilli
- 20 g laksa leaves (Vietnamese coriander)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 g ground white pepper
- 40 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 400 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 140 g mixed salad leaves
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- sea salt
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Coarsely chop the cod. Finely chop the shallot. Coarsely chop the dill, including the stems. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the chilli, removing the seeds if less heat is desired. Pick the Vietnamese coriander leaves, discarding the stems.
- Combine the fish sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, garlic, chilli and sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring a kettle to the boil for the noodles.
- Put the cod in a large bowl with the shallot, dill, white pepper, cornflour, egg white and 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and, using a stick blender or food processor (see cooking tip), process until a coarse paste forms. Scrape the sides down with a spatula, then pulse until the mixture starts to come together.
- Put half the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover generously with boiling water and stand for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, using slightly damp hands, form the fish mixture into 16 patties. Heat the remaining oil in a large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drain the noodles well, then return to the bowl with half the dressing and mix well to combine. Divide among bowls and add the salad leaves. Top with the fish cakes and the Vietnamese coriander. Drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 745mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 44.4mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra