Servings: 8 Skewers
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1½ cups seedless green grapes
- 4 spring onions (scallions), green onions, cut into 3 cm lengths (see notes)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Finely grate lemon rind into a bowl. Add in oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and chilli. Add chicken, stirring well to coat. Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes (see notes).
- Build the skewers by alternately threading chicken pieces, grapes and spring onion onto eight metal skewers (see notes).
- Preheat a char-grill or barbecue on medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut grated lemon into wedges. Transfer skewers to a platter and serve with lemon wedges.
You can substitute the spring onions with small wedges of red onion, or for a more colourful skewer use both types of onion, alternating them when threading.If you have the time marinate the chicken pieces overnight for a more intense flavour.Bamboo skewers can be used however, soak in water for a while to prevent them from burning
Serving: 2serving | Calories: 349.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 30.4g | Fat: 19.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 124.5mg | Sodium: 131.5mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 8.7g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra