A delicious combination of barbecue sauce, fresh peaches and peach jam give a lovely summer fruit taste to grilled chicken.
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 24 chicken wings, separated at the joint and tips discarded
- 1 cup peach jam
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot, or to taste
- spring onions (scallions), green parts only, thinly sliced, for garnishing
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- In a food processor, combine the barbecue sauce and half of the garlic. Add the peaches and process until finely chopped; season with about 1½ teaspoons salt and about ¼ teaspoon pepper. Reserve ½ cup for basting.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss together the chicken wings and remaining peach barbecue sauce; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the peach jam, vinegar, remaining garlic, hot sauce and ½ teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or bake 10 cm from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with reserved sauce. Grill or bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Top with spring onions and serve with peach jam dipping sauce.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra