Nicely charred sweetcorn straight off the bbq or out of the oven accompanied with a coconut flavoured butter sauce.
- 6 cobs sweetcorn, with husks on
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream
- 30 g butter
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch), cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1 bunch spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons freshly grated coconut , or desiccated coconut
Widget not in any sidebars
- Preheat a covered barbecue to medium-high. Remove a few of the outer layers of corn husk, then place the corn cobs on the grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the husks are charred.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut cream or milk, butter, cornflour and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking continuously. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Stir in the spring onion and coconut, then remove from the heat.
- When the corn is charred, remove from the barbecue. Carefully peel back the husks and strip away the silks. Return to the barbecue and brush all over with some of the coconut-butter sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, basting and turning repeatedly. Serve hot with the remaining coconut-butter sauce.