This is a delicious barbecued shrimp dish that gets a unique flavour from the spice rub that contains akudjura. It is usually served with a butter dip.
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground dried lemon myrtle
- 2 teaspoon chopped dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mountain pepper
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground bush tomato
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 700 g large shrimp, peeled but tails left on, deveined
- juice of 1 lime
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Prepare a hot fire in an outdoor barbecue.
- Grind all the mustard seeds, lemon myrtle, dried garlic, mountain pepper, and bush tomato together in a coffee mill.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the ginger; remove from the heat.
- Transfer ¼ cup of the ginger butter to a small bowl and set aside in a warm place.
- The shrimp can be skewered or placed in a barbecue basket to facilitate flipping.
- Brush with the remaining ginger butter and dust with the spice blend.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the spices form a light crust and the shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Mix the lime juice with the reserved ginger butter and serve as dipping sauce.
Serving: 4serving | Calories: 629kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 490mg | Sodium: 1665mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra