The arrival of summer necessitates iced coffee. Add homemade Almond Iced Coffee to the list of essentials in your fridge with this easy to make and refreshing cool drink.
- 150 g almonds
- 4 fresh dates, pits removed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups ice
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Set aside to soak for 2 hrs. Drain and discard water.
- Place almonds, 2 cups water and dates in a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, discarding solids.
- Return almond milk and remaining ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glasses. Serve immediately.