One of the great pleasures of the warming weather is the pleasant smell of summer fruits. Combine a few fresh peaches and a scoop or two of ice cream, add some peach soda and you have a truly remarkable drink to enjoy on a hot summers day.
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup fresh peeled peach slices , see notes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar , see notes
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream
- peach flavoured soda , see notes
- crushed digestive biscuit crumbs and ground cinnamon for garnish
- Place butter into a small saute pan and melt over a medium heat.
- Next add sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract to the pan and saute the until peaches are soft and syrup has formed.
- Allow the peaches cool.
- Once peaches are cooled, alternate scoops of vanilla ice cream with sauteed peaches in a glass. Pour peach flavoured drink over the ice cream layers.
- Lastly, top with crushed digestive biscuits and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
More or less sugar can be used depending on the sweetness of the fruit and your own desired level of sweetness
For the peach soda we use Bunderburg Peach sparkling drink which is generally available at supermarkets or beverage outlets such as Dan Murphys