This layered custard slice is perfect for a delicious afternoon tea treat.
Apricot Custard Slice
Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups Weet-Bix, crushed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup lite soy milk
- ⅓ cup low-fat vanilla custard
- 800 g canned apricot halves, drained
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tin with baking paper. Place crushed Weet-Bix on the baking paper to make base.
- Place margarine and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Blend flour and baking powder together, then gently fold flour mix and soy milk into margarine mixture.
- Spoon half onto Weet-Bix base then top with custard and then remaining cake mix.
- Gently push apricot halves, round side up, into cake mix. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%