There is nothing better in a cookie than the pairing of macadamia nuts and white chocolate. And this easy recipe makes 24 of them.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence, and continue beating until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten into disc shapes.
- Place them on the baking trays, leaving a 3-centimetre gap between each.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.