Walnut and Cranberry Biscotti
A plate of these crisp walnut biscotti is just right to share with friends over a morning latte or hot chocolate.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg white
- sugar, for sprinkling
Rate this Recipe
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on medium, scraping bowl often for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pale and thick.
- Add oil, orange juice and rind, and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Gradually add flour mixture; mix on low speed 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed. Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface (the dough is soft and sticky).
- Lightly sprinkle with additional flour; knead flour into dough. With floured hands, shape into two 20 cm x 5 cm logs. Place 7 - 8 cm apart on greased or parchment-covered baking sheet. Flatten tops slightly.
- Combine egg white and water; brush on logs. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated 175°C oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Let cool on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C. With serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 1½ cm slices; arrange slices cut-side-down on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove to wire rack; let cool completely.
Serving : 0g | Calories : 0kcal | Carbohydrates : 0g | Protein : 0g | Fat : 0g | Saturated Fat : 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat : 0g | Monounsaturated Fat : 0g | Trans Fat : 0g | Cholesterol : 0mg | Sodium : 0mg | Potassium : 0mg | Fibre : 0g | Sugar : 0g | Vitamin A : 0% | Vitamin C : 0% | Calcium : 0% | Iron : 0%