Ajdov Kruh is a type of bread that is consumed mainly in central Slovenia. The ingredients are Buckwheat flour, water, potato, yeast, salt.
Ajdov Kruh - Buckwheat BreadPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe Add to My Saved Recipes Go to Saved Recipes
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 cooked potato, mashed (optional)
- 500 g buckwheat flour
- 1 sachet dry yeast, dissolved in lukewarm water
- salt, to taste
- 400 ml lukewarm water
- Mix both flours, then make a hole in the centre and pour in yeast dissolved in lukewarm water.
- Cover with flour and let it rise.
- Make dough with salted lukewarm water.
- Dough should slowly rise.
- If you add mashed potato, bread will be more succulent.
- Knead and shape into a loaf. Sprinkle with flour.
- Let rise. Bake at 190°C for 30 to 40 minutes.
Add to My Saved Recipes Go to Saved Recipes Rate this Recipe