- 1 kg flour
- 30 g fresh yeast or 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups warm red wine
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup sultanas (golden raisins), raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- peel of 1 orange, finely chopped
- peel of 1 tangerine, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon anise, optional
For the decoration
- sesame seeds
- whole walnuts, roughly chopped
- coloured sprinkles, if available
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre
- Put the yeast in a glass with the warm water and leave for a few minutes.
- Stir the yeast and water until the yeast dissolves and then pour it into the flour together with the warm wine. Mix and knead well.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1½ hours. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake for about 90 minutes.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra