Servings: 8 - 12 slices
- 300 g digestive biscuits
- 140 g butter, melted
- 275 g raw caster sugar
- 100 g blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 900 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 200 ml sour cream
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Line a 20 cm springform baking tin with baking paper.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a food processor and blitz to fine crumbs.
- Add the butter and blitz again to combine.
- Spoon the crumbs into the tin, press down firmly with the back of a spoon to cover the base, then bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, put 25g of the sugar and the blueberries into a small pan.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon cold water and add to the pan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and boil for 1-2 minutes until saucy. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth.
- Add the remaining sugar and whisk again.
- Add the flour, vanilla, eggs and sour cream, and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour half the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base, then drop half the blueberry sauce on top in small spoonfuls.
- Cover with the remaining cheesecake mix and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Drizzle the remaining blueberry sauce over the top, then use the end of the spoon to gently ripple it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 110°C and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hour, then leave for 1 hour more with the door ajar.
- Finally, leave at room temperature until completely cool, then chill for at least 3 hours (even better if left overnight).
Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra