Baked Rosemary Chicken Breasts with Potatoes and Button Mushrooms
This mouth-watering delicious baked chicken breast is just the answer when you want something wholesome without a lot of fuss.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 350 g small Desiree potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- 2 lemons , juice only of lemons, squeezed halves reserved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200g chicken breasts, skin-on, bone-in
- 300 g button mushrooms, halved
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
Rate this Recipe