Servings: 4 servings
- Oven Tray lined with Baking Paper
- Large Non-Stick Pan
- 2 zucchini
- 2 red capsicums (bell peppers)
- 2 red onions
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 200 g Greek yoghurt, (See Note 5)
- 3 tablespoons Chermoula Spice Blend (see recipe)
- 700 g chicken breast
- 1 cup risoni
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Slice the zucchini into 1 cm (⅜") half-moons. Cut the red capsicum into 2 cm (¾") chunks. Cut the red onion into 2 cm (¾") wedges. Place the veggies on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender. (see note 1)
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine the chermoula spice blend, the salt, chicken breast and ½ the Greek yoghurt in a medium bowl. Season with a pinch of pepper and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- Zest the lemon to get a pinch, then slice into wedges. In a small bowl, combine the remaining Greek yoghurt, the lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside. Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Finely chop the parsley (reserve some leaves for garnish!).
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, 2 minutes each side. (see note 2) Transfer the chicken to a second oven tray lined with baking paper and bake until cooked through, 8-12 minutes. Set aside to rest. (see note 3)
- Wipe out the pan, then heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the risoni, water and crumbled vegetable stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until ‘al dente’ and the water has absorbed, 10-15 minutes (see note 4). Stir in the roasted veggies, parsley, baby spinach leaves, any resting juices from the chicken and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Divide the veggie risoni between plates and top with the chermoula chicken, lemon yoghurt and reserved parsley. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. (See Note 5)
- Cut the veggies to the correct size so they cook in the allocated time.
- Don't be concerned if the chicken begins to char as it will add to the flavour
- Chicken cook times will vary depending on the size of the fillet.Chicken cook times will vary depending on the size of the fillet.
- If the pan looks a bit dry and the risoni isn't tender add a splash or two of water .
- For the low-calorie option, serve without the lemon yoghurt.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 1549mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5225IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 331mg | Iron: 7.1mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra