Chicken Cordon Bleu
A popular way to prepare chicken cordon bleu is to butterfly cut a chicken breast, place a thin slice of ham inside, along with a thin slice of a soft, easily melted cheese such as Swiss. The chicken breast is then rolled into a roulade, coated in bread crumbs and then deep fried. Other variations exist with the chicken baked rather than fried.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 175°C. (350°F ; Gas Mark 4)
- Place stock in a small pot and heat until warm. Stir in butter and garlic.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to ½ cm (¼") thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 (1⅓) tablespoon mozzarella.
- Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion.
- Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place rolls, seam side down, in an 20 cm (7½") square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 175°C. (350°F ; Gas Mark 4) for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 9.7% | Vitamin C: 1.9% | Calcium: 8% | Iron: 6.8%