Double the flavour, halve the work — simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both poaching the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch to this simple meal.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 225 g chicken tenderloins
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 205°C.
- Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in a 20cm square glass baking dish. Transfer ¼ cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, coriander and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salad