Chicken with Kidney Beans - Pollo y riñón Habas Estofado
Nicely browned chicken breasts cooked with kidney beans, in a spiced onion, yoghurt, and tomato sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, about 700 g
- 400 g red kidney beans (canned), drained
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 200 g yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ¾ tablespoon flour
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and half the paprika. Coat with flour and set aside.
- Mix the yoghurt with the tomato sauce. Drain the beans and place in a large pan.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken breasts. Remove and place on top of the beans.
- In the same oil, gently sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the paprika, chilli powder and vinegar while stirring.
- Add the yoghurt and tomato sauce mixture. Bring to a boil then pour over the chicken and beans.
- Taste for salt. Bring to a boil, simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes then serve.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 1429mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13.5% | Vitamin C: 8.8% | Calcium: 10.6% | Iron: 23.7%