Oregano Chicken with Leek Rice and Yoghurt Tartare
Servings: 4 servings
- Place rice in a bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside to soak until ready to use. Trim and thinly slice the leeks. Place your hand flat on top of each chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make 2 thin steaks. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, pound chicken between baking paper until about 5mm thick.
- Finely grate the lemon rind into a large bowl. Add the oregano, half the oil, salt and pepper, and mix to combine. Add the chicken and mix to coat.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, the leek for 5 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Rinse and drain rice, add to leek mixture, stir once, then add the water. Bring to the boil, then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for a further 5 minutes or until tender.
- While rice is cooking, place the yoghurt in a bowl. Trim and very finely chop the spring onions. Drain, rinse and dry the capers and finely chop. Finely chop the parsley leaves, including the stems. Stir the spring onion, capers and half the parsley into the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until charred and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, squeeze over lemon juice and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and remaining oil in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add salad leaves and toss to coat. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the remaining parsley. Serve the chicken with the leek rice, green salad and the yoghurt dip.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg