A clafoutis is a baked French custard usually studded with cherries and sweetened with sugar; This clafoutis is savoury, but resembles the original with the cherry tomatoes. Serve it warm or cold, in wedges.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon fresh thyme; chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 225 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Remove stems from tomatoes. Arrange in single layer in shallow 6-cup (1.5 litre) baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with thyme, garlic, sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast in 200°C oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until skin shrivels slightly.
- In blender, blend cream, eggs and flour until smooth; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce temperature to 175°C; bake for about 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.