Barberton is known for it’s fried chicken dinner which includes this tomato-rice dish called “hot sauce”. This “hot sauce” can be eaten as a dipping sauce or a side dish.
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, seeded, minced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups water
- 440 g can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 tablespoon long-grain white rice
- ½ tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño and capsicum. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add water, tomatoes with juices, rice, sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and vegetables are completely tender, about 45 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.32g | Protein: 2.67g | Fat: 9.15g | Saturated Fat: 0.004g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.173g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 1.253g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 11.78g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra