Brandy butter and rum butter are particularly associated with the Christmas and New Year season and Christmas pudding and warm mince pies, serving as a seasonal alternative to cream, ice cream or custard.
- 250 g butter, softened
- 200 g icing sugar (powdered sugar), sifted
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on a medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and half the brandy. Beat for 30 seconds before adding the remainder of the brandy, and then beat for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar or bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or until needed. The butter will last for three or four days.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe