Tuong Ot Toi - Vietnamese Chilli Garlic Sauce
This homemade chilli garlic sauce contains no preservatives and can be adjusted to taste.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 170 g hot chillies, stemmed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons white vinegar
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Process to a coarse texture. Take a smell and it should make you sweat a bit.
- Taste and adjust the flavour with add extra salt or sugar.
- Transfer to a small saucepan, bring to a vigorous simmer over medium heat, lower the heat to gently simmer for about 5 minutes, or until it no longer smells raw.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.
Rate this Recipe