Homemade Chilli Oil
Chilli oil is perfect for use as a dip for meat and dim sum, or in salad dressings, stir-fries, and even on pizzas.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups olive oil , not virgin
- 20 g chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- 3-4 whole dried red chillies
- Gently warm the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chilli flakes and whole chillies to the oil and heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave the oil to cool slightly.
- When the oil has cooled slightly, carefully pour it into sterilised, sealable glass bottle using a funnel. Add the chilli flakes and dried chillies from the pan. Seal the bottle.
- Keep the bottle in a cool, dark place, shaking the bottles once a week. As time goes on the oil will become redder and hotter.
- Hot oil can be dangerous.
Rate this Recipe