Servings: 12 jars
- Hot Sterilised Jars
- 2 kg green tomatoes, cored, chopped coarsely
- 2 large onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped coarsely (or similar cooking apples)
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 2½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sultanas (golden raisins)
- 4 fresh red chillies, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons cooking salt
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Stir ingredients in large saucepan over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 1½ hours, or until chutney is thick.
- Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised jars, seal immediately.
- Label and date jars when cold. Store in a cool, dark place for at least 3 weeks before opening. Refrigerate after opening.
- This green tomato chutney recipe is quite spicy. For a milder version you can remove the seeds from the chillies, use less chillies, or omit the chillies altogether.
Serving: 1jar | Calories: 255.84kcal | Carbohydrates: 61.12g | Protein: 3.16g | Fat: 0.55g | Saturated Fat: 0.09g | Sodium: 417.16mg | Potassium: 606.74mg | Fiber: 3.89g | Sugar: 52.81g | Vitamin A: 1232.87IU | Vitamin C: 64.97mg | Calcium: 48.35mg | Iron: 1.57mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra