Servings: 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed into a paste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Take a medium sized bowl and add the lemon juice, egg yolk, and garlic. Beat until well combined.
- While whisking vigorously, drizzle a few drops of oil into bowl with egg mixture. Still whisking, drizzle in a few more drops, and continue to whisk vigorously until egg mixture is very thick and emulsified. Gradually add remaining oil in a very thin stream while whisking vigorously until the aïoli is smooth, pale yellow, and emulsified. Season with salt.
- Whisk in 2 teaspoons of water for a thinner aïoli.
- Aïoli will keep, refrigerated and covered, for up to 3 days.
- Use a pale-golden oil to make this silky, garlic-spiced mayonnaise.
- Nesting the mixing bowl on a tea towel fitted inside a stock pot creates an easy, even stabilization, which frees both your hands for simultaneous whisking and oil-pouring.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 10mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra