Dabu-dabu is a type of hot and spicy condiment commonly found in Manado cuisine of North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Dabu-dabu uses a lot of chopped red chilli peppers, bird’s eye chilli, shallots, red and green tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and sugar. All of the chopped and diced spices are mixed with fresh calamansi juice or locally known as lemon cui or jeruk kesturi, sometimes calamansi is replaced by kaffir lime or lemon juice.
- 250 g plum tomatoes, diced (red and green, if available)
- 10 chillies, diced (both red and green for colour)
- 1 red onion, diced (or 3 spring onions, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice , calamansi juice, if available
- 1 tablespoon olice oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least one day before using.