Haydari is very easy to prepare. All you need is Greek yoghurt, a few cloves of garlic, some olive oil and dry spices like oregano, mint and basil.
Haydari - Turkish Yoghurt Dip
- 250 g thick Greek yoghurt, drain off any liquid before using
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon dried basil , or dill
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk the Greek yoghurt and olive oil together until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the salt and spices and continue whipping. Add more salt, if desired.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving to allow the yoghurt to set.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Serve haydari straight up, or along with toasted bread slices, melba toast or your favourite crackers. It also goes well as a dip for vegetables and sturdy chips and pretzels.
Rate this Recipe