Diced mango is combined with spicy habañero peppers and ginger for a perky sauce. It’s fantastic with chips, but don’t be afraid to serve it on freshly grilled fish or chicken. Perfect on tacos, homemade enchiladas, and nachos and if you want it extra spicy leave the seeds and ribs in the pepper or even use more than one (Remember that you still want it to be edible).
Hot & Spicy Mango Sauce
- 3 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 habañero pepper, diced, seeds and ribs discarded
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer at medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the ingredients in a blender and blend together being careful of the steam so that it doesn't blow the lid off.
Rate this Recipe