Servings: 1 qty of recipe
- 1 kg green (unripe) mangoes, cut into 4-8 pieces each
- 1 cup sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1½ tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons onion seeds
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 5 tablespoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3 cups mustard oil
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Sterilise and thoroughly dry a glass pickling jar.
- Put the mangoes in the jar and cover with salt. Mix well and cover the jar tightly.
- Leave the jar out in the sun for a week so that the mangoes soften.
- Mix the fennel, mustard, onion and fenugreek seeds, chilli powder and turmeric together. Add this spice mix to the mangoes.
- Heat the mustard oil until it smokes and then turn off the heat. Allow the oil to cool fully.
- Pour the oil over the mangoes so that all the pieces are submerged. Mix well.
- Put the tightly covered jar back in the sun for two weeks. Stir everyday to mix well.
- Eat with stuffed parathas and yoghurt or with chapatis (Indian flatbread) and any vegetable dish.
Serving: 1qty of recipe | Calories: 1661.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 207.9g | Protein: 29.5g | Fat: 95.8g | Saturated Fat: 11.4g | Sodium: 113872mg | Potassium: 3218.9mg | Fiber: 55g | Sugar: 140.7g | Vitamin A: 22680IU | Vitamin C: 370mg | Calcium: 817.8mg | Iron: 22.5mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra