Pickled jalapeños can be explosively hot, but they’re easy to make in a home. The jalapeños make a delicious garnish for hamburgers, nachos, salads, hotdogs, and fajitas – plus they are an absolute necessity for all things Mexican, most especially nachos.
- Pack the jalapeño peppers into a glass jar.
- In a saucepan, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot pickling liquid over the jalapeños and let it rest for a few hours. Shake it up a little so that the peppercorns are evenly distributed.
- For a crunchy bite, you can start nibbling on them within a few hours. As for softer texture, let this sit for 4-5 days.
- Keep refrigerated for up to two months.
Rate this Recipe