Salsa al Salmoriglio - Salmoriglio Sauce
Salmoriglio is a versatile Southern Italian condiment used to flavour any sort of grilled meat or fish, from chops (lamb, pork, or steak) through to elegant fish, including salmon or swordfish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 100 ml olive oil
- ½ cup hot water
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 - 3 springs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- Beat the olive oil in a small bowl, and add to it in a thin steam (while beating constantly) the ½ cup of hot water.
- Continue beating as you add the lemon juice, again in a thin stream, and finally the herbs.
- Check seasoning, and serve.
Rate this Recipe