Blue Cheese Sauce
From mushroom sauce to melted butter with Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce to spicy chimichurri sauce, there are plenty of flavours to lift your steak. And this Blue Cheese Sauce is a match made in heaven when paired with a juicy steak.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 servingsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 150 ml milk
- 75 g stilton, chopped (or another blue cheese) (see Note 1)
- Medium Saucepan
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute (dont let the flour brown or burn)
- Slowly add milk, constantly stirring, until the sauce is smooth and all of the milk has been added.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and add the chopped stilton, stirring.
- Cook until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve.
Cooks Notes & Variations
- All blue cheeses have a bold, salty flavour. It is worth experimenting with a few different types to determine which one you prefer.
- Gorgonzola, in particular, has a very smooth, creamy texture that makes it perfect for sauces, the smoothest and probably the most flavourful version of blue cheese, and can be found at most grocery stores. But any variety of blue cheese will do.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 163mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 0.2mg