Servings: 2 servings
- Medium Saucepan
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 150 ml milk
- 75 g stilton, chopped (or another blue cheese) (see Note 1)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute (dont let the flour brown or burn)
- Slowly add milk, constantly stirring, until the sauce is smooth and all of the milk has been added.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and add the chopped stilton, stirring.
- Cook until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve.
- All blue cheeses have a bold, salty flavour. It is worth experimenting with a few different types to determine which one you prefer.
- Gorgonzola, in particular, has a very smooth, creamy texture that makes it perfect for sauces, the smoothest and probably the most flavourful version of blue cheese, and can be found at most grocery stores. But any variety of blue cheese will do.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 163mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra