Servings: 10 Tablespoons
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Strip off the mint leaves from the stems, sprinkle with salt and chop finely.
- Place into a jug, add the sugar and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool.
- Stir in the vinegar and taste.
- Add more water or vinegar and adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
- Occasionally, the juice from a squeezed lime is added.
- The sauce should have the consistency of double cream.
- Mint grows so freely that once you know the trick you never need buy mint sauce again.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra