Whether served over steaks, roast chicken, or a tasty meatloaf, this versatile mushroom sauce is a winner. The consistency can be altered to suit, as can the number of mushrooms used
Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- ½ onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons plain flour, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 1½ cups beef stock, approximately
- Heat butter over medium heat in a saucepan until it foams. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Season with salt. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add about ½ cup of beef stock, stirring briskly until incorporated, then pour in the remaining stock and mix thoroughly.
- Season with black pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%