This is a traditional Tunisian recipe for a classic tomato and white wine sauce with spices, garlic, parsley and chillies that’s typically served as a dipping sauce for prawns (shrimp).
- 2 to matoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hot red chillies , eg Scotch bonnet or Habanero
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk to mix, then chill for at least an hour before serving.
Rate this Recipe