- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2¼ tablespoons water
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds <em>, pepitas</em>
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- A candy thermometer
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and then spray with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, and 2¼ tablespoons water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Fit saucepan with thermometer and cook until thermometer registers 143°C (290°F), 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds, butter, and kosher salt and cook, stirring often, until pale brown and thermometer registers 150°C (305°F), 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda and cinnamon <em>(mixture will bubble vigorously)</em>, then immediately pour caramel onto prepared sheet.
- Using a heatproof spatula, quickly spread out and sprinkle with sea salt; let cool. Break brittle into pieces.
Brittle can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight, layered between sheets of grease-proof baking paper, at room temperature
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra