Overindulgence in coffee may be one of your greatest vices; but then again, ice cream might also be a weakness – so why not combine the two for a double indulgence.
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3½ tablespoons instant coffee, good quality, freeze-dried
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Add 2½ tablespoons of the coffee and cinnamon, and whisk to blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream stiffens <em>(about 2 minutes before it is done)</em>, add the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee, then continue freezing until done. Makes about 1 litre.
Cooks Notes & Variations
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&bbn=289913&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&qid=1388741602&rh=n%3A1055398%2Cn%3A!1063498%2Cn%3A284507%2Cn%3A289913%2Cn%3A289924&rnid=289913&tag=thaicuisine-20">See the best deals on Ice Cream Makers from Amazon</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=thaicuisine-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />