KFC is known for their delicious Fried Chicken with the Colonel’s secret ingredients, and it wouldn’t be a KFC meal without its infamous gravy to pair along side with it. Dip in piece after piece into the gravy and get an explosion of flavour that made KFC what it is today. Plus you can make KFC style Mashed Potatoes or your favourite mashed potatoes to go along with it.
KFC Style Gravy
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2½ cups water
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Using half of the butter, saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the other half of the butter then the flour to make the roux, mixing constantly until golden brown. The best way to make a good roux is to use a whisk and make sure the butter does not burn.
- Add the water and stock powder and continue to whisk until desired colour and consistency. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming. Add black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until thickened.