This is a recipe to make the steak seasoning rub, very similar to that used by the Outback Steakhouse restaurants. The Outback Steakhouse chain consists of more than 600 Australian-themed restaurants in 47 US states and several countries, including Australia. The restaurants serve a mouthwatering selection of original dishes, from steaks and hamburgers to pasta and salads, with a tempting range of appetisers.
Outback Steakhouse's Steak Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt, up to 6 teaspoons depending on personal preference
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Makes enough seasoning for 4 steaks.
To prepare steaks with this seasoning
- Preheat a flat grill or large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Sprinkle some of the seasoning blend over both sides of each cut of beef.
- Grill the steaks on each side to your desired level of doneness.
- Be sure to use tongs to sear all the edges of each steak to a rich brown colour.