Crumbles are a classic winter dessert often served with whipped cream or ice cream. A delicious change to the classic apple crumble, this combination of fresh apricots and coconut makes for a quick and easy crumble to please everybody on a cold winters evening. You can use tinned apricots if the fresh ones are out of season.
Apricot and Coconut Crumble
For the crumble
- 150 g plain flour
- 90 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100 g butter or margarine , cubed
For the filling
- 9 - 10 fresh apricots
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Remove stones from apricots and slice into quarters.
- Place them into a 23 cm pie dish. Pour coconut and sugar over the apricots.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and rub together with the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour the crumble mix over the apricots.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
- Serve with thick cream or custard.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe